Skip Navigation and go directly to content
Massachusetts General Hospital | Research
Mass General Home
Conditions & Treatments
Centers & Services
Research & Clinical Trials
Education & Training
About Mass General
Facts at a Glance
Overview & History
Maps & Directions
Research Areas of Interest
Patients & Families
Departments, Centers & Programs
Research Areas of Interest
Find a Researcher
All Research Labs & Centers
Find a Researcher
Research Areas of Interest
Invitation to Industry
Core Facilities & Instrumentation
Graduate Student Division
High School & Undergraduate Programs
Find a Doctor
Find a Researcher
Find a Researcher - Profile
Return to Search Results
James M Perrin, MD
Edit This Profile
Honorary Pediatrician, Massachusetts General Hospital
Professor, Harvard Medical School
Department: Pediatric Service
Division: Primary Care
Massachusetts General Hospital
55 Fruit Street
Boston, MA 02114
Research Email: email@example.com
Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine**, 1968, MD
Keyword Medical Subject Headings:
Child Health Services
Health Services Needs and Demand
Publications (Pulled from Harvard Catalyst Profiles):
1. Oreskovic NM, Goodman E, Robinson AI, Perrin EM, Perrin JM. Adolescent report of lifestyle counseling. Child Obes. 2014 Apr; 10(2):107-13.
2. Broder-Fingert S, Shui A, Pulcini CD, Kurowski D, Perrin JM. Racial and ethnic differences in subspecialty service use by children with autism. Pediatrics. 2013 Jul; 132(1):94-100.
3. Van Cleave J, Morales DR, Perrin JM. Pediatric response to court-mandated Medicaid behavioral screening in Massachusetts. J Dev Behav Pediatr. 2013 Jun; 34(5):335-43.
4. Perrin JM. A conversation with James M. Perrin, MD, FAAP by Stanford T. Shulman, MD. Pediatr Ann. 2012 Dec; 41(12):528.
5. Perrin JM, Coury DL. Improving health care for children and youth with autism and other neurodevelopmental disorders. Editors' note and prologue. Pediatrics. 2012 Nov; 130 Suppl 2:S57-8.
6. Perrin JM, Coury DL, Hyman SL, Cole L, Reynolds AM, Clemons T. Complementary and alternative medicine use in a large pediatric autism sample. Pediatrics. 2012 Nov; 130 Suppl 2:S77-82.
7. Perrin JM, Coury DL, Jones N, Lajonchere C. The Autism Treatment Network and Autism Intervention Research Network on Physical Health: future directions. Pediatrics. 2012 Nov; 130 Suppl 2:S198-201.
8. Coury DL, Anagnostou E, Manning-Courtney P, Reynolds A, Cole L, McCoy R, Whitaker A, Perrin JM. Use of psychotropic medication in children and adolescents with autism spectrum disorders. Pediatrics. 2012 Nov; 130 Suppl 2:S69-76.
9. Lajonchere C, Jones N, Coury DL, Perrin JM. Leadership in health care, research, and quality improvement for children and adolescents with autism spectrum disorders: Autism Treatment Network and Autism Intervention Research Network on Physical Health. Pediatrics. 2012 Nov; 130 Suppl 2:S62-8.
10. Pulcini CD, Kotelchuck M, Kuhlthau KA, Nozzolillo AA, Perrin JM. Potential savings from redetermining disability among children receiving supplemental security income benefits. Acad Pediatr. 2012 Nov-Dec; 12(6):489-94.
11. Zuckerman KE, Perrin JM, Hobrecker K, Donelan K. Barriers to specialty care and specialty referral completion in the community health center setting. J Pediatr. 2013 Feb; 162(2):409-14.e1.
12. Van Cleave J, Kuhlthau KA, Bloom S, Newacheck PW, Nozzolillo AA, Homer CJ, Perrin JM. Interventions to improve screening and follow-up in primary care: a systematic review of the evidence. Acad Pediatr. 2012 Jul-Aug; 12(4):269-82.
13. Bloom SR, Kuhlthau K, Van Cleave J, Knapp AA, Newacheck P, Perrin JM. Health care transition for youth with special health care needs. J Adolesc Health. 2012 Sep; 51(3):213-9.
14. Perrin JM, Gnanasekaran S, Delahaye J. Psychological aspects of chronic health conditions. Pediatr Rev. 2012 Mar; 33(3):99-109.
15. Garfield CF, Dorsey ER, Zhu S, Huskamp HA, Conti R, Dusetzina SB, Higashi A, Perrin JM, Kornfield R, Alexander GC. Trends in attention deficit hyperactivity disorder ambulatory diagnosis and medical treatment in the United States, 2000-2010. Acad Pediatr. 2012 Mar-Apr; 12(2):110-6.
16. Perrin JM. How can quality improvement enhance the lives of children with disabilities? Future Child. 2012; 22(1):149-68.
17. Ghandour RM, Kogan MD, Blumberg SJ, Jones JR, Perrin JM. Mental health conditions among school-aged children: geographic and sociodemographic patterns in prevalence and treatment. J Dev Behav Pediatr. 2012 Jan; 33(1):42-54.
18. Katz ML, Laffel LM, Perrin JM, Kuhlthau K. Impact of type 1 diabetes mellitus on the family is reduced with the medical home, care coordination, and family-centered care. J Pediatr. 2012 May; 160(5):861-7.
19. Wolraich M, Brown L, Brown RT, DuPaul G, Earls M, Feldman HM, Ganiats TG, Kaplanek B, Meyer B, Perrin J, Pierce K, Reiff M, Stein MT, Visser S. ADHD: clinical practice guideline for the diagnosis, evaluation, and treatment of attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder in children and adolescents. Pediatrics. 2011 Nov; 128(5):1007-22.
20. Perrin JM, Kolls JK, Coury DL. Evidence-based practice and health advocacy organizations. JAMA. 2011 Oct 5; 306(13):1443; author reply 1444-5.
21. Lawson KA, Bloom SR, Sadof M, Stille C, Perrin JM. Care coordination for children with special health care needs: evaluation of a state experiment. Matern Child Health J. 2011 Oct; 15(7):993-1000.
22. Isong IA, Luff D, Perrin JM, Winickoff JP, Ng MW. Parental perspectives of early childhood caries. Clin Pediatr (Phila). 2012 Jan; 51(1):77-85.
23. Hammerness PG, Perrin JM, Shelley-Abrahamson R, Wilens TE. Cardiovascular risk of stimulant treatment in pediatric attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder: update and clinical recommendations. J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry. 2011 Oct; 50(10):978-90.
24. Van Cleave J, Dougherty D, Perrin JM. Strategies for addressing barriers to publishing pediatric quality improvement research. Pediatrics. 2011 Sep; 128(3):e678-86.
25. Isong IA, Silk H, Rao SR, Perrin JM, Savageau JA, Donelan K. Provision of fluoride varnish to Medicaid-enrolled children by physicians: the Massachusetts experience. Health Serv Res. 2011 Dec; 46(6pt1):1843-62.
26. Araya R, Rouzier J, Perrin J, Carez S, Saias-Magnan J, Noizet A, Grillo JM, Metzler-Guillemain C. [Do couples who procreate through sperm donation inform their children?]. J Gynecol Obstet Biol Reprod (Paris). 2011 Oct; 40(6):503-7.
27. Khullar D, Oreskovic NM, Perrin JM, Goodman E. Optimism and the socioeconomic status gradient in adolescent adiposity. J Adolesc Health. 2011 Nov; 49(5):553-5.
28. Zuckerman KE, Nelson K, Bryant TK, Hobrecker K, Perrin JM, Donelan K. Specialty referral communication and completion in the community health center setting. Acad Pediatr. 2011 Jul-Aug; 11(4):288-96.
29. Perrin JM, Dewitt TG. Future of academic general pediatrics--areas of opportunity. Acad Pediatr. 2011 May-Jun; 11(3):181-8.
30. Kuhlthau KA, Bloom S, Van Cleave J, Knapp AA, Romm D, Klatka K, Homer CJ, Newacheck PW, Perrin JM. Evidence for family-centered care for children with special health care needs: a systematic review. Acad Pediatr. 2011 Mar-Apr; 11(2):136-43.
31. Perrin JM. Children with special health care needs and changing policy. Acad Pediatr. 2011 Mar-Apr; 11(2):103-4.
32. Zuckerman KE, Cai X, Perrin JM, Donelan K. Incomplete specialty referral among children in community health centers. J Pediatr. 2011 Jan; 158(1):24-30.
33. Kemper AR, Knapp AA, Metterville DR, Comeau AM, Green NS, Perrin JM. Weighing the evidence for newborn screening for Hemoglobin H disease. J Pediatr. 2011 May; 158(5):780-3.
34. Lipstein EA, Nabi E, Perrin JM, Luff D, Browning MF, Kuhlthau KA. Parents' decision-making in newborn screening: opinions, choices, and information needs. Pediatrics. 2010 Oct; 126(4):696-704.
35. Kemper AR, Knapp AA, Green NS, Comeau AM, Metterville DR, Perrin JM. Weighing the evidence for newborn screening for early-infantile Krabbe disease. Genet Med. 2010 Sep; 12(9):539-43.
36. Perrin JM. Treating underinsurance. N Engl J Med. 2010 Aug 26; 363(9):881-3.
37. Perrin JM. Measuring severity in chronic disease. J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr. 2010 Aug; 51(2):126-7.
38. Co JP, Johnson SA, Poon EG, Fiskio J, Rao SR, Van Cleave J, Perrin JM, Ferris TG. Electronic health record decision support and quality of care for children with ADHD. Pediatrics. 2010 Aug; 126(2):239-46.
39. Stille C, Turchi RM, Antonelli R, Cabana MD, Cheng TL, Laraque D, Perrin J. The family-centered medical home: specific considerations for child health research and policy. Acad Pediatr. 2010 Jul-Aug; 10(4):211-7.
40. Foy JM, Perrin J. Enhancing pediatric mental health care: strategies for preparing a community. Pediatrics. 2010 Jun; 125 Suppl 3:S75-86.
41. Lipstein EA, Vorono S, Browning MF, Green NS, Kemper AR, Knapp AA, Prosser LA, Perrin JM. Systematic evidence review of newborn screening and treatment of severe combined immunodeficiency. Pediatrics. 2010 May; 125(5):e1226-35.
42. Arauz Boudreau AD, Fluet CF, Reuland CP, Delahaye J, Perrin JM, Kuhlthau K. Associations of providers' language and cultural skills with Latino parents' perceptions of well-child care. Acad Pediatr. 2010 May-Jun; 10(3):172-8.
43. Perrin JM, Knapp AA, Browning MF, Comeau AM, Green NS, Lipstein EA, Metterville DR, Prosser L, Queally D, Kemper AR. An evidence development process for newborn screening. Genet Med. 2010 Mar; 12(3):131-4.
44. Van Cleave J, Gortmaker SL, Perrin JM. Dynamics of obesity and chronic health conditions among children and youth. JAMA. 2010 Feb 17; 303(7):623-30.
45. Isong IA, Zuckerman KE, Rao SR, Kuhlthau KA, Winickoff JP, Perrin JM. Association between parents' and children's use of oral health services. Pediatrics. 2010 Mar; 125(3):502-8.
46. Coury D, Jones NE, Klatka K, Winklosky B, Perrin JM. Healthcare for children with autism: the Autism Treatment Network. Curr Opin Pediatr. 2009 Dec; 21(6):828-32.
47. Kogan MD, Blumberg SJ, Schieve LA, Boyle CA, Perrin JM, Ghandour RM, Singh GK, Strickland BB, Trevathan E, van Dyck PC. Prevalence of parent-reported diagnosis of autism spectrum disorder among children in the US, 2007. Pediatrics. 2009 Nov; 124(5):1395-403.
48. Lipstein EA, Perrin JM, Waisbren SE, Prosser LA. Impact of false-positive newborn metabolic screening results on early health care utilization. Genet Med. 2009 Oct; 11(10):716-21.
49. Oreskovic NM, Winickoff JP, Kuhlthau KA, Romm D, Perrin JM. Obesity and the built environment among Massachusetts children. Clin Pediatr (Phila). 2009 Nov; 48(9):904-12.
50. Oreskovic NM, Kuhlthau KA, Romm D, Perrin JM. Built environment and weight disparities among children in high- and low-income towns. Acad Pediatr. 2009 Sep-Oct; 9(5):315-21.
51. Oreskovic NM, Sawicki GS, Kinane TB, Winickoff JP, Perrin JM. Travel patterns to school among children with asthma. Clin Pediatr (Phila). 2009 Jul; 48(6):632-40.
52. Newacheck PW, Houtrow AJ, Romm DL, Kuhlthau KA, Bloom SR, Van Cleave JM, Perrin JM. The future of health insurance for children with special health care needs. Pediatrics. 2009 May; 123(5):e940-7.
53. Campbell DB, Buie TM, Winter H, Bauman M, Sutcliffe JS, Perrin JM, Levitt P. Distinct genetic risk based on association of MET in families with co-occurring autism and gastrointestinal conditions. Pediatrics. 2009 Mar; 123(3):1018-24.
54. Zuckerman KE, Boudreau AA, Lipstein EA, Kuhlthau KA, Perrin JM. Household language, parent developmental concerns, and child risk for developmental disorder. Acad Pediatr. 2009 Mar-Apr; 9(2):97-105.
55. Perrin JM. Reflections on the 10th anniversary of the journal. Acad Pediatr. 2009 Jan-Feb; 9(1):1-2.
56. Ferris TG, Johnson SA, Co JP, Backus M, Perrin J, Bates DW, Poon EG. Electronic results management in pediatric ambulatory care: qualitative assessment. Pediatrics. 2009 Jan; 123 Suppl 2:S85-91.
57. Lipstein EA, Perrin JM, Kuhlthau KA. School absenteeism, health status, and health care utilization among children with asthma: associations with parental chronic disease. Pediatrics. 2009 Jan; 123(1):e60-6.
58. Winickoff JP, Perrin JM. A tribute to Julius B. Richmond, MD. Ambul Pediatr. 2008 Nov-Dec; 8(6):349-50.
59. Kogan MD, Strickland BB, Blumberg SJ, Singh GK, Perrin JM, van Dyck PC. A national profile of the health care experiences and family impact of autism spectrum disorder among children in the United States, 2005-2006. Pediatrics. 2008 Dec; 122(6):e1149-58.
60. Co JP, Mohamed H, Kelleher ML, Edgman-Levitan S, Perrin JM. Feasibility of using a tablet computer survey for parental assessment of resident communication skills. Ambul Pediatr. 2008 Nov-Dec; 8(6):375-8.
61. Homer CJ, Klatka K, Romm D, Kuhlthau K, Bloom S, Newacheck P, Van Cleave J, Perrin JM. A review of the evidence for the medical home for children with special health care needs. Pediatrics. 2008 Oct; 122(4):e922-37.
62. Perrin JM. Prevention and chronic health conditions among children and adolescents. Ambul Pediatr. 2008 Sep-Oct; 8(5):271-2.
63. Perrin JM, Friedman RA, Knilans TK. Cardiovascular monitoring and stimulant drugs for attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder. Pediatrics. 2008 Aug; 122(2):451-3.
64. Tang MH, Hill KS, Boudreau AA, Yucel RM, Perrin JM, Kuhlthau KA. Medicaid managed care and the unmet need for mental health care among children with special health care needs. Health Serv Res. 2008 Jun; 43(3):882-900.
65. Perrin JM, Hicks PJ. The future of disability in America: review of the Institute of Medicine report. Ambul Pediatr. 2008 Mar-Apr; 8(2):71-2.
66. Perrin JM, Kuhlthau K, Chughtai A, Romm D, Kirschner BS, Ferry GD, Cohen SA, Gold BD, Heyman MB, Baldassano RN, Winter HS. Measuring quality of life in pediatric patients with inflammatory bowel disease: psychometric and clinical characteristics. J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr. 2008 Feb; 46(2):164-71.
67. Perrin JM. SCHIP, children, and politics. Ambul Pediatr. 2007 Nov-Dec; 7(6):405-6.
68. Perrin JM, Homer CJ. The quality of children's health care matters--time to pay attention. N Engl J Med. 2007 Oct 11; 357(15):1549-51.
69. Perrin JM, Romm D, Bloom SR, Homer CJ, Kuhlthau KA, Cooley C, Duncan P, Roberts R, Sloyer P, Wells N, Newacheck P. A family-centered, community-based system of services for children and youth with special health care needs. Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med. 2007 Oct; 161(10):933-6.
70. Kaushal R, Goldmann DA, Keohane CA, Christino M, Honour M, Hale AS, Zigmont K, Lehmann LS, Perrin J, Bates DW. Adverse drug events in pediatric outpatients. Ambul Pediatr. 2007 Sep-Oct; 7(5):383-9.
71. Perrin JM, Fluet CF, Honberg L, Anderson B, Wells N, Epstein S, Allen D, Tobias C, Kuhlthau KA. Benefits for employees with children with special needs: findings from the collaborative employee benefit study. Health Aff (Millwood). 2007 Jul-Aug; 26(4):1096-103.
72. Perrin JM, Bloom SR, Gortmaker SL. The increase of childhood chronic conditions in the United States. JAMA. 2007 Jun 27; 297(24):2755-9.
73. Liu CL, Zaslavsky AM, Ganz ML, Perrin J, Gortmaker S, McCormick MC. The financial implications of availability and quality of a usual source of care for children with special health care needs. Matern Child Health J. 2008 Mar; 12(2):243-59.
74. Brown RT, Perrin JM. Measuring outcomes in attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder. J Pediatr Psychol. 2007 Jul; 32(6):627-30.
75. Perrin JM. Advances in scholarship in pediatric education. Ambul Pediatr. 2007 Mar-Apr; 7(2):145-6.
76. Simpson L, Dougherty D, Krause D, Ku CM, Perrin JM. Measuring children's health care quality. Am J Med Qual. 2007 Mar-Apr; 22(2):80-4.
77. Brown RT, Perrin JM. Measuring outcomes in attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder. Ambul Pediatr. 2007 Jan-Feb; 7(1 Suppl):57-9.
78. Perrin JM. The changing contours of pediatric practice. Ambul Pediatr. 2006 Nov-Dec; 6(6):303-4.
79. Perrin JM, Boudreau AA. Reducing deficits and the health of children, youth, and families. Ambul Pediatr. 2006 Jul-Aug; 6(4):185-6.
80. Gidwani PP, Opitz GM, Perrin JM. Mothers' views on hyperactivity: a cross-cultural perspective. J Dev Behav Pediatr. 2006 Apr; 27(2):121-6.
81. Perrin JM. EPSDT (Early and Periodic Screening, Diagnosis, and Treatment): a primer in time of change. Ambul Pediatr. 2006 Mar-Apr; 6(2):63-4.
82. Ferris TG, Kuhlthau K, Ausiello J, Perrin J, Kahn R. Are minority children the last to benefit from a new technology? Technology diffusion and inhaled corticosteriods for asthma. Med Care. 2006 Jan; 44(1):81-6.
83. Liu CL, Zaslavsky AM, Ganz ML, Perrin J, Gortmaker S, McCormick MC. Continuity of health insurance coverage for children with special health care needs. Matern Child Health J. 2005 Dec; 9(4):363-75.
84. Kuhlthau K, Ferris TG, Davis RB, Perrin JM, Iezzoni LI. Pharmacy-and diagnosis-based risk adjustment for children with Medicaid. Med Care. 2005 Nov; 43(11):1155-9.
85. Perrin JM. Disasters and children. Ambul Pediatr. 2005 Nov-Dec; 5(6):315-6.
86. Perrin JM. Letter from the editor strengthening residency education in pediatrics. Ambul Pediatr. 2005 Sep-Oct; 5(5):261-2.
87. Chan E, Hopkins MR, Perrin JM, Herrerias C, Homer CJ. Diagnostic practices for attention deficit hyperactivity disorder: a national survey of primary care physicians. Ambul Pediatr. 2005 Jul-Aug; 5(4):201-8.
88. Leslie LK, Newman TB, Chesney PJ, Perrin JM. The Food and Drug Administration's deliberations on antidepressant use in pediatric patients. Pediatrics. 2005 Jul; 116(1):195-204.
89. Perrin JM. Insuring children's health care: a call for papers. Ambul Pediatr. 2005 Jul-Aug; 5(4):195-6.
90. Kuhlthau K, Hill KS, Yucel R, Perrin JM. Financial burden for families of children with special health care needs. Matern Child Health J. 2005 Jun; 9(2):207-18.
91. Brown RT, Amler RW, Freeman WS, Perrin JM, Stein MT, Feldman HM, Pierce K, Wolraich ML. Treatment of attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder: overview of the evidence. Pediatrics. 2005 Jun; 115(6):e749-57.
92. Blumenthal D, Weissman JS, Wachterman M, Weil E, Stafford RS, Perrin JM, Ferris TG, Kuhlthau K, Kaushal R, Iezzoni LI. The who, what, and why of risk adjustment: a technology on the cusp of adoption. J Health Polit Policy Law. 2005 Jun; 30(3):453-73.
93. Co JP, Perrin JM. Qualitative research and ambulatory pediatrics. Ambul Pediatr. 2005 May-Jun; 5(3):129-30.
94. Perrin JM. Viewing effects of the FY 2006 federal budget on children, youth, and families. Ambul Pediatr. 2005 Mar-Apr; 5(2):71-2.
95. Perrin JM, Fluet C, Kuhlthau KA, Anderson B, Wells N, Epstein S, Allen D, Tobias C. Benefits for employees with children with ADHD: findings from the Collaborative Employee Benefit Study. J Dev Behav Pediatr. 2005 Feb; 26(1):3-8.
96. Perrin JM. Letter from the editor: Mental health issues for children and adolescents. Ambul Pediatr. 2004 Nov-Dec; 4(6):471-2.
97. Perrin JM. Youth and disability in the 21st century: the 2004 George Armstrong lecture of the Ambulatory Pediatric Association. Ambul Pediatr. 2004 Sep-Oct; 4(5):402-6.
98. Perrin JM. Advocacy and child health. Ambul Pediatr. 2004 Jul-Aug; 4(4):267-8.
99. Kuhlthau K, Nyman RM, Ferris TG, Beal AC, Perrin JM. Correlates of use of specialty care. Pediatrics. 2004 Mar; 113(3 Pt 1):e249-55.
100. Perrin JM. Whither public health insurance for children and youth (and families). Ambul Pediatr. 2004 Mar-Apr; 4(2):129-30.
101. Perrin JM, Bloom SR. Promoting safety in child and adolescent health care: conference overview. Ambul Pediatr. 2004 Jan-Feb; 4(1):43-6.
102. Beal AC, Co JP, Dougherty D, Jorsling T, Kam J, Perrin J, Palmer RH. Quality measures for children's health care. Pediatrics. 2004 Jan; 113(1 Pt 2):199-209.
103. Winickoff JP, Buckley VJ, Palfrey JS, Perrin JM, Rigotti NA. Intervention with parental smokers in an outpatient pediatric clinic using counseling and nicotine replacement. Pediatrics. 2003 Nov; 112(5):1127-33.
104. Perrin JM, Homer CJ. Leadership by example: the Institute of Medicine's view of how Federal Health Care Programs can improve quality of care. Ambul Pediatr. 2003 Jul-Aug; 3(4):162-3.
105. Beal AC, Kuhlthau K, Perrin JM. Breastfeeding advice given to African American and white women by physicians and WIC counselors. Public Health Rep. 2003 Jul-Aug; 118(4):368-76.
106. Stein MT, Perrin JM. Diagnosis and treatment of ADHD in school-age children in primary care settings: a synopsis of the AAP Practice Guidelines. American Academy of Pediatrics. Pediatr Rev. 2003 Mar; 24(3):92-8.
107. Co JP, Ferris TG, Marino BL, Homer CJ, Perrin JM. Are hospital characteristics associated with parental views of pediatric inpatient care quality? Pediatrics. 2003 Feb; 111(2):308-14.
108. Winickoff JP, Hillis VJ, Palfrey JS, Perrin JM, Rigotti NA. A smoking cessation intervention for parents of children who are hospitalized for respiratory illness: the stop tobacco outreach program. Pediatrics. 2003 Jan; 111(1):140-5.
109. Perrin JM, Kuhlthau KA, Gortmaker SL, Beal AC, Ferris TG. Generalist and subspecialist care for children with chronic conditions. Ambul Pediatr. 2002 Nov-Dec; 2(6):462-9.
110. Gidwani PP, Sobol A, DeJong W, Perrin JM, Gortmaker SL. Television viewing and initiation of smoking among youth. Pediatrics. 2002 Sep; 110(3):505-8.
111. Ferris TG, Chang Y, Perrin JM, Blumenthal D, Pearson SD. Effects of removing gatekeeping on specialist utilization by children in a health maintenance organization. Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med. 2002 Jun; 156(6):574-9.
112. Rider EA, Perrin JM. Performance profiles: the influence of patient satisfaction data on physicians' practice. Pediatrics. 2002 May; 109(5):752-7.
113. Kuhlthau KA, Beal AC, Ferris TG, Perrin JM. Comparing a diagnosis list with a survey method to identify children with chronic conditions in an urban health center. Ambul Pediatr. 2002 Jan-Feb; 2(1):58-62.
114. Perrin JM. Health services research for children with disabilities. Milbank Q. 2002; 80(2):303-24.
115. Kuhlthau KA, Perrin JM. Child health status and parental employment. Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med. 2001 Dec; 155(12):1346-50.
116. Kuhlthau K, Ferris TG, Beal AC, Gortmaker SL, Perrin JM. Who cares for medicaid-enrolled children with chronic conditions? Pediatrics. 2001 Oct; 108(4):906-12.
117. Ferris TG, Perrin JM, Manganello JA, Chang Y, Causino N, Blumenthal D. Switching to gatekeeping: changes in expenditures and utilization for children. Pediatrics. 2001 Aug; 108(2):283-90.
118. Beal AC, Ausiello J, Perrin JM. Social influences on health-risk behaviors among minority middle school students. J Adolesc Health. 2001 Jun; 28(6):474-80.
119. Herrerias CT, Perrin JM, Stein MT. The child with ADHD: using the AAP Clinical Practice Guideline. American Academy of Pediatrics. Am Fam Physician. 2001 May 1; 63(9):1803-10.
120. Perrin JM. Should we operate on children with fluid in the middle ear? N Engl J Med. 2001 Apr 19; 344(16):1241-2.
121. Brown RT, Freeman WS, Perrin JM, Stein MT, Amler RW, Feldman HM, Pierce K, Wolraich ML. Prevalence and assessment of attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder in primary care settings. Pediatrics. 2001 Mar; 107(3):E43.
122. Ferris TG, Dougherty D, Blumenthal D, Perrin JM. A report card on quality improvement for children's health care. Pediatrics. 2001 Jan; 107(1):143-55.
123. Gall G, Pagano ME, Desmond MS, Perrin JM, Murphy JM. Utility of psychosocial screening at a school-based health center. J Sch Health. 2000 Sep; 70(7):292-8.
124. Perrin JM, Crain EF, Roberts KB. From the presidents of the ambulatory pediatric association and the editor-in-chief of ambulatory pediatrics Pediatrics. 2000 Jul; 106(1 Pt 2):167-8.
125. Perrin JM. Letter from the editor Pediatrics. 2000 Apr; 105(4 Pt 2):923.
126. Ettner SL, Kuhlthau K, McLaughlin TJ, Perrin JM, Gortmaker SL. Impact of expanding SSI on Medicaid expenditures of disabled children. Health Care Financ Rev. 2000; 21(3):185-201.
127. Perrin JM. Letter from the editor Pediatrics. 1999 Nov; 104(5 Pt 2):1173.
128. Ziring PR, Brazdziunas D, Cooley WC, Kastner TA, Kummer ME, Gonzalez de Pijem L, Quint RD, Ruppert ES, Sandler AD, Anderson WC, Arango P, Burgan P, Garner C, McPherson M, Michaud L, Yeargin-Allsopp M, Johnson CP, Wheeler LS, Nackashi J, Perrin JM. American Academy of Pediatrics. Committee on Children With Disabilities. Care coordination: integrating health and related systems of care for children with special health care needs. Pediatrics. 1999 Oct; 104(4 Pt 1):978-81.
129. Perrin JM. Letter from the editor Pediatrics. 1999 Jul; 104(1 Pt 2):133-4.
130. Thyen U, Kuhlthau K, Perrin JM. Employment, child care, and mental health of mothers caring for children assisted by technology. Pediatrics. 1999 Jun; 103(6 Pt 1):1235-42.
131. Perrin JM. Universality, inclusion, and continuity: implications for pediatrics. Pediatrics. 1999 Apr; 103(4 Pt 2):859-63.
132. Perrin JM, Kuhlthau K, McLaughlin TJ, Ettner SL, Gortmaker SL. Changing patterns of conditions among children receiving Supplemental Security Income disability benefits. Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med. 1999 Jan; 153(1):80-4.
133. Kuhlthau K, Perrin JM, Ettner SL, McLaughlin TJ, Gortmaker SL. High-expenditure children with Supplemental Security Income. Pediatrics. 1998 Sep; 102(3 Pt 1):610-5.
134. Thyen U, Terres NM, Yazdgerdi SR, Perrin JM. Impact of long-term care of children assisted by technology on maternal health. J Dev Behav Pediatr. 1998 Aug; 19(4):273-82.
135. McPherson M, Arango P, Fox H, Lauver C, McManus M, Newacheck PW, Perrin JM, Shonkoff JP, Strickland B. A new definition of children with special health care needs. Pediatrics. 1998 Jul; 102(1 Pt 1):137-40.
136. Kuhlthau K, Walker DK, Perrin JM, Bauman L, Gortmaker SL, Newacheck PW, Stein RE. Assessing managed care for children with chronic conditions. Health Aff (Millwood). 1998 Jul-Aug; 17(4):42-52.
137. Newacheck PW, Strickland B, Shonkoff JP, Perrin JM, McPherson M, McManus M, Lauver C, Fox H, Arango P. An epidemiologic profile of children with special health care needs. Pediatrics. 1998 Jul; 102(1 Pt 1):117-23.
138. Perrin JM, Ettner SL, McLaughlin TJ, Gortmaker SL, Bloom SR, Kuhlthau K. State variations in supplemental security income enrollment for children and adolescents. Am J Public Health. 1998 Jun; 88(6):928-31.
139. Perrin JM. The implications of welfare reform for developmental and behavioral pediatrics. J Dev Behav Pediatr. 1997 Aug; 18(4):264-6.
140. Perrin JM, Kuhlthau K, Walker DK, Stein RE, Newacheck PW, Gortmaker SL. Monitoring health care for children with chronic conditions in a managed care environment. Matern Child Health J. 1997 Mar; 1(1):15-23.
141. Thyen U, Leventhal JM, Yazdgerdi SR, Perrin JM. Concerns about child maltreatment in hospitalized children. Child Abuse Negl. 1997 Feb; 21(2):187-98.
142. Newacheck PW, Stein RE, Walker DK, Gortmaker SL, Kuhlthau K, Perrin JM. Monitoring and evaluating managed care for children with chronic illnesses and disabilities. Pediatrics. 1996 Nov; 98(5):952-8.
143. Homer CJ, Szilagyi P, Rodewald L, Bloom SR, Greenspan P, Yazdgerdi S, Leventhal JM, Finkelstein D, Perrin JM. Does quality of care affect rates of hospitalization for childhood asthma? Pediatrics. 1996 Jul; 98(1):18-23.
144. Perrin JM, Greenspan P, Bloom SR, Finkelstein D, Yazdgerdi S, Leventhal JM, Rodewald L, Szilagyi P, Homer CJ. Primary care involvement among hospitalized children. Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med. 1996 May; 150(5):479-86.
145. Biederman J, Faraone S, Milberger S, Guite J, Mick E, Chen L, Mennin D, Marrs A, Ouellette C, Moore P, Spencer T, Norman D, Wilens T, Kraus I, Perrin J. A prospective 4-year follow-up study of attention-deficit hyperactivity and related disorders. Arch Gen Psychiatry. 1996 May; 53(5):437-46.
146. Perrin JM, MacLean WE, Janco RL, Gortmaker SL. Stress and incidence of bleeding in children and adolescents with hemophilia. J Pediatr. 1996 Jan; 128(1):82-8.
147. Newacheck PW, Hughes DC, English A, Fox HB, Perrin J, Halfon N. The effect on children of curtailing Medicaid spending. JAMA. 1995 Nov 8; 274(18):1468-71.
148. Biederman J, Santangelo SL, Faraone SV, Kiely K, Guite J, Mick E, Reed ED, Kraus I, Jellinek M, Perrin J. Clinical correlates of enuresis in ADHD and non-ADHD children. J Child Psychol Psychiatry. 1995 Jul; 36(5):865-77.
149. Perrin JM. Variations in pediatric hospitalization rates: why do they occur? Pediatr Ann. 1994 Dec; 23(12):676-7, 681-3.
150. Perrin JM, Kahn RS, Bloom SR, Davidson S, Guyer B, Hollinshead W, Richmond JB, Walker DK, Wise PH. Health care reform and the special needs of children. Pediatrics. 1994 Mar; 93(3):504-6.
151. Faraone SV, Biederman J, Lehman BK, Spencer T, Norman D, Seidman LJ, Kraus I, Perrin J, Chen WJ, Tsuang MT. Intellectual performance and school failure in children with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder and in their siblings. J Abnorm Psychol. 1993 Nov; 102(4):616-23.
152. Biederman J, Faraone SV, Doyle A, Lehman BK, Kraus I, Perrin J, Tsuang MT. Convergence of the Child Behavior Checklist with structured interview-based psychiatric diagnoses of ADHD children with and without comorbidity. J Child Psychol Psychiatry. 1993 Oct; 34(7):1241-51.
153. Gortmaker SL, Must A, Perrin JM, Sobol AM, Dietz WH. Social and economic consequences of overweight in adolescence and young adulthood. N Engl J Med. 1993 Sep 30; 329(14):1008-12.
154. Raddish M, Goldmann DA, Kaplan LC, Perrin JM. The immunization status of children with spina bifida. Am J Dis Child. 1993 Aug; 147(8):849-53.
155. Faraone SV, Biederman J, Lehman BK, Keenan K, Norman D, Seidman LJ, Kolodny R, Kraus I, Perrin J, Chen WJ. Evidence for the independent familial transmission of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder and learning disabilities: results from a family genetic study. Am J Psychiatry. 1993 Jun; 150(6):891-5.
156. Perrin EC, Newacheck P, Pless IB, Drotar D, Gortmaker SL, Leventhal J, Perrin JM, Stein RE, Walker DK, Weitzman M. Issues involved in the definition and classification of chronic health conditions. Pediatrics. 1993 Apr; 91(4):787-93.
157. Weitzman M, Gortmaker SL, Sobol AM, Perrin JM. Recent trends in the prevalence and severity of childhood asthma. JAMA. 1992 Nov 18; 268(19):2673-7.
158. Perrin JM, MacLean WE, Gortmaker SL, Asher KN. Improving the psychological status of children with asthma: a randomized controlled trial. J Dev Behav Pediatr. 1992 Aug; 13(4):241-7.
159. MacLean WE, Perrin JM, Gortmaker S, Pierre CB. Psychological adjustment of children with asthma: effects of illness severity and recent stressful life events. J Pediatr Psychol. 1992 Apr; 17(2):159-71.
160. Perrin JM, Stein RE. Reinterpreting disability: changes in supplemental security income for children. Pediatrics. 1991 Nov; 88(5):1047-51.
161. Perrin JM. Children with special health needs: a United States perspective. Pediatrics. 1990 Dec; 86(6 Pt 2):1120-3.
162. Perrin JM, Homer CJ, Berwick DM, Woolf AD, Freeman JL, Wennberg JE. Variations in rates of hospitalization of children in three urban communities. N Engl J Med. 1989 May 4; 320(18):1183-7.
163. Merkens MJ, Perrin EC, Perrin JM, Gerrity PS. The awareness of primary physicians of the psychosocial adjustment of children with a chronic illness. J Dev Behav Pediatr. 1989 Feb; 10(1):1-6.
164. Perrin JM, MacLean WE, Perrin EC. Parental perceptions of health status and psychologic adjustment of children with asthma. Pediatrics. 1989 Jan; 83(1):26-30.
165. Perrin JM, MacLean WE. Children with chronic illness. The prevention of dysfunction. Pediatr Clin North Am. 1988 Dec; 35(6):1325-37.
166. Hickson GB, Stewart DW, Altemeier WA, Perrin JM. First step in obtaining child health care: selecting a physician. Pediatrics. 1988 Mar; 81(3):333-8.
167. Perrin JM, MacLean WE, Janco RL. Does stress affect bleeding in hemophilia? A review of the literature. Am J Pediatr Hematol Oncol. 1988; 10(3):230-5.
168. Stein RE, Gortmaker SL, Perrin EC, Perrin JM, Pless IB, Walker DK, Weitzman M. Severity of illness: concepts and measurements. Lancet. 1987 Dec 26; 2(8574):1506-9.
169. Hickson GB, Altemeier WA, Perrin JM. Physician reimbursement by salary or fee-for-service: effect on physician practice behavior in a randomized prospective study. Pediatrics. 1987 Sep; 80(3):344-50.
170. Perrin JM, Valvona J, Sloan FA. Changing patterns of hospitalization for children requiring surgery. Pediatrics. 1986 Apr; 77(4):587-92.
171. Sloan FA, Valvona J, Perrin JM, Adamache KW. Diffusion of surgical technology. An exploratory study. J Health Econ. 1986 Mar; 5(1):31-61.
172. Perrin JM, Valvona J. Does increased physician supply affect quality of care? Health Aff (Millwood). 1986; 5(4):63-72.
173. Sloan FA, Perrin JM, Valvona J. The teaching hospital's growing surgical caseload. JAMA. 1985 Jul 19; 254(3):376-82.
174. Perrin JM. Chronically ill children in America. Caring. 1985 May; 4(5):16-22.
175. Ireys HT, Hauck RJ, Perrin JM. Variability among state Crippled Children's Service programs: pluralism thrives. Am J Public Health. 1985 Apr; 75(4):375-81.
176. Hobbs N, Perrin JM, Ireys HT, Moynihan LC, Shayne MW. Chronically ill children in America. Rehabil Lit. 1984 Jul-Aug; 45(7-8):206-13.
177. Perrin JM, Ireys HT. The organization of services for chronically ill children and their families. Pediatr Clin North Am. 1984 Feb; 31(1):235-57.
178. Perrin EC, Perrin JM. Clinicians' assessments of children's understanding of illness. Am J Dis Child. 1983 Sep; 137(9):874-8.
179. Mayes LC, Perrin JM. Otitis media and compliance. Pediatrics. 1983 Mar; 71(3):460-1.
180. Klein SW, Olson AL, Perrin J, Cunningham D, Hengerer A, Hoekelman RA, Roghmann KJ. Prevention and treatment of serous otitis media with an oral antihistamine. A double-blind study in pediatric practice. Clin Pediatr (Phila). 1980 May; 19(5):342-7.
181. Perrin JM, Merkens MJ. Blood lead levels in a rural population: relative elevations among migrant farmworker children. Pediatrics. 1979 Oct; 64(4):540-2.
182. Perrin JM. Questions about PDQ. Pediatrics. 1977 Nov; 60(5):779-80.
183. Swearingen CM, Perrin JM. Foreign medical graduates in rural primary care: the case of western New York State. Med Care. 1977 Apr; 15(4):331-7.
184. Perrin JM. Letter: What test and when? Pediatrics. 1974 Oct; 54(4):524-6.
185. Perrin JM, Charney E, MacWhinney JB, McInerny TK, Miller RL, Nazarian LF. Sulfisoxazole as chemoprophylaxis for recurrent otitis media. A double-blind crossover study in pediatric practice. N Engl J Med. 1974 Sep 26; 291(13):664-7.
186. Bailey EN, Kiehl PS, Akram DS, Loughlin HH, Metcalf TJ, Jain R, Perrin JM. Screening in pediatric practice. Pediatr Clin North Am. 1974 Feb; 21(1):123-65.
© 2014 Massachusetts General Hospital
55 Fruit Street, Boston, MA 02114
Maps & Directions
Find us on: