Skip Navigation and go directly to content
Massachusetts General Hospital | Research
Mass General Home
Find a Researcher - Profile
Return to Search Results
John Patrick T Co, MD
Edit This Profile
Pediatrician, Massachusetts General Hospital
Assistant Professor, Harvard Medical School
Department: Pediatric Service
Division: Primary Care
MGH Revere HealthCare Center
300 Ocean Ave.
Revere, MA 02151
Research Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Stanford University School of Medicine**, 1995, MD
Keyword Medical Subject Headings:
Health Care Surveys
Electronic Health Records
Quality of Health Care
Internship and Residency
Decision Making, Organizational
Child Health Services
Publications (Pulled from Harvard Catalyst Profiles):
1. Liao JM, Co JP, Kachalia A. Providing Educational Content and Context for Training the Next Generation of Physicians in Quality Improvement. Acad Med. 2015 Sep; 90(9):1241-5.
2. Co JP, Gusic M. Educational scholarship in academic pediatrics: reflecting on our past and looking forward to our future. Acad Pediatr. 2014 Nov-Dec; 14(6):547-8.
3. Co JP. Educating for quality: quality improvement as an activity of daily learning to improve educational and patient outcomes. Acad Pediatr. 2014 Jan-Feb; 14(1):1-3.
4. Craig MS, Garfunkel LC, Baldwin CD, Mann KJ, Moses JM, Co JP, Blumkin AK, Szilagyi PG. Pediatric resident education in quality improvement (QI): a national survey. Acad Pediatr. 2014 Jan-Feb; 14(1):54-61.
5. McCormick MC, Co JP, Dougherty D. Quality improvement in pediatric health care: introduction to the supplement. Acad Pediatr. 2013 Nov-Dec; 13(6 Suppl):S1-4.
6. Shaw TJ, Pernar LI, Peyre SE, Helfrick JF, Vogelgesang KR, Graydon-Baker E, Chretien Y, Brown EJ, Nicholson JC, Heit JJ, Co JP, Gandhi T. Impact of online education on intern behaviour around joint commission national patient safety goals: a randomised trial. BMJ Qual Saf. 2012 Oct; 21(10):819-25.
7. Li ST, Paterniti DA, Tancredi DJ, Co JP, West DC. Is residents' progress on individualized learning plans related to the type of learning goal set? Acad Med. 2011 Oct; 86(10):1293-9.
8. Co JP, Gusic ME. Do you know it when you see it? Tips for recognizing good studies in medical education. Acad Pediatr. 2011 Sep-Oct; 11(5):351-2.
9. Sternberg SB, Co JP, Homer CJ. Review of quality measures of the most integrated health care settings for children and the need for improved measures: recommendations for initial core measurement set for CHIPRA. Acad Pediatr. 2011 May-Jun; 11(3 Suppl):S49-S58.e3.
10. Co JP, Sternberg SB, Homer CJ. Measuring patient and family experiences of health care for children. Acad Pediatr. 2011 May-Jun; 11(3 Suppl):S59-67.
11. Bourgeois FC, Linder J, Johnson SA, Co JP, Fiskio J, Ferris TG. Impact of a computerized template on antibiotic prescribing for acute respiratory infections in children and adolescents. Clin Pediatr (Phila). 2010 Oct; 49(10):976-83.
12. Co JP, Johnson SA, Poon EG, Fiskio J, Rao SR, Van Cleave J, Perrin JM, Ferris TG. Electronic health record decision support and quality of care for children with ADHD. Pediatrics. 2010 Aug; 126(2):239-46.
13. Li ST, Paterniti DA, Co JP, West DC. Successful self-directed lifelong learning in medicine: a conceptual model derived from qualitative analysis of a national survey of pediatric residents. Acad Med. 2010 Jul; 85(7):1229-36.
14. Li ST, Tancredi DJ, Co JP, West DC. Factors associated with successful self-directed learning using individualized learning plans during pediatric residency. Acad Pediatr. 2010 Mar-Apr; 10(2):124-30.
15. Rothman RL, Yin HS, Mulvaney S, Co JP, Homer C, Lannon C. Health literacy and quality: focus on chronic illness care and patient safety. Pediatrics. 2009 Nov; 124 Suppl 3:S315-26.
16. Ferris TG, Johnson SA, Co JP, Backus M, Perrin J, Bates DW, Poon EG. Electronic results management in pediatric ambulatory care: qualitative assessment. Pediatrics. 2009 Jan; 123 Suppl 2:S85-91.
17. Co JP, Macdonald E, Yucel RM, Ferris TG. Practice variation in parental assessment of pediatric ambulatory care. Acad Pediatr. 2009 Jan-Feb; 9(1):47-52.
18. Co JP, Mohamed H, Kelleher ML, Edgman-Levitan S, Perrin JM. Feasibility of using a tablet computer survey for parental assessment of resident communication skills. Ambul Pediatr. 2008 Nov-Dec; 8(6):375-8.
19. Mack JW, Co JP, Goldmann DA, Weeks JC, Cleary PD. Quality of health care for children: role of health and chronic illness in inpatient care experiences. Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med. 2007 Sep; 161(9):828-34.
20. Co JP, Elia M, Engel J, Guerrini R, Mizrahi EM, Moshé SL, Plouin P. Proposal of an algorithm for diagnosis and treatment of neonatal seizures in developing countries. Epilepsia. 2007 Jun; 48(6):1158-64.
21. Co JP, Perrin JM. Qualitative research and ambulatory pediatrics. Ambul Pediatr. 2005 May-Jun; 5(3):129-30.
22. Co JP. Assessing resident performance: commentary on latent class analysis. Ambul Pediatr. 2004 Jan-Feb; 4(1):11-2.
23. Beal AC, Co JP, Dougherty D, Jorsling T, Kam J, Perrin J, Palmer RH. Quality measures for children's health care. Pediatrics. 2004 Jan; 113(1 Pt 2):199-209.
24. Gold BD, Co J, Colletti RB, Euler AR, Ferris TG, Fitzgerald JF, Flores AF, Gallo-Torres H, Orenstein SR, Rodriguez WJ, Willging P. What outcome measures are needed to assess gastroesophageal reflux disease in children? what study design is appropriate? what new knowledge is needed? J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr. 2003 Nov-Dec; 37 Suppl 1:S72-5.
25. Co JP, Johnson KB, Duggan AK, Casella JF, Wilson M. Does a clinical pathway improve the quality of care for sickle cell anemia? Jt Comm J Qual Saf. 2003 Apr; 29(4):181-90.
26. Co JP, Ferris TG, Marino BL, Homer CJ, Perrin JM. Are hospital characteristics associated with parental views of pediatric inpatient care quality? Pediatrics. 2003 Feb; 111(2):308-14.
27. Amylon MD, Co JP, Snyder DS, Donaldson SS, Blume KG, Forman SJ. Allogeneic bone marrow transplant in pediatric patients with high-risk hematopoietic malignancies early in the course of their disease. J Pediatr Hematol Oncol. 1997 Jan-Feb; 19(1):54-61.
© 2014 Massachusetts General Hospital
55 Fruit Street, Boston, MA 02114
Maps & Directions
Find us on: